Running & Racing
SVRC Running and Racing Programs
South Valley Running Club promotes all kinds of running and racing events. From the local 5 and 10K, to the more national marathon and ultra marathon events.
Club members are very active in all distances and participate in a variety of events through out the year. SVRC hosts numerous runs during each week (see club calendar), sponsors the Bill Flodberg Mount Madonna Challenge, and sponsors multiple 5K and 10K runs per year. These runs are marked, timed and free to all club members. For those more competitive club members, these events are eligible towards the yearly Grand Prix points series.
The Grand Prix is a competition where club members get points for running races, volunteering as races, trying new distances and setting personal records (PRs) through participating in one selected club race-of-the-month. These races are geared towards supporting other local races and to provide a variety of distances, ranging from 5K to 26.2M
Grand Prix Event for 2012
• 1/28/12 - Mission San Juan Bautista 10M and 5K
• 2/11/12 - Campbell 2012 Valentine Fun Run 5K/10K
• 3/17/12 - Go Green Saint Patrick's Day Run 5K/10K/Half [Los Gatos]
• 4/1/12 - AAUW-Morgan Hill's Wildflower Run 5K/10K
• 5/26/12 - Mushroom Mardi Gras 5K/10K [Morgan Hill]
• 6/9/12 - Hunting Hollow 5K/10K [Gilroy]
• 7/4/12 - Freedom 5000[Morgan Hill]
• 8/25/12 - 36th Annual Bill Flodberg Mt. Madonna Challenge 6K/12K/18K [Gilroy] (Volunteer Only Event)
• 9/??/12 - Run For The Sinkin' Roses 5K/10K [Gilroy]
• 10/28/12 - Morgan Hill Marathon Half/Full
• 11/17/12 - SVRC Turkey Trot 5K/10K [Morgan Hill]
• 12/8/12 - SVRC Holiday Run 5K/10K [Morgan Hill]
For Club members these events are part of the Grand Prix series for the year.
For others, it is a great opportunity to have fun on a timed marked course and an event where you can meet other runners of your same caliber.